my only sunshine…
That was my fave tune for my entire childhood. (and no, i never got beyond the first verse to realize how sort of grim the song actually is. I prefer the optimism of the first verse).
Shannon at MoveEatCreate nominated me for a Sunshine Award (thank you!). As a recipient of the Sunshine Award, there are a few guidelines to follow. Recipients are asked to provide a link to the blogger who made the nomination (see above), nominate 10 other bloggers, and answer a few questions about themselves. Below you will find both the completed questionnaire and the fellow bloggers I have nominated.
Here are my answers to the 10 questions.
1. Who is your favorite philosopher?
I’m not sure I have one. I think I prefer “do-ers” to “thinkers.” But of course, “do-ers” with a conscious.
2. What is your favorite number?
33. After Larry Bird. Yes, I’m dating myself. That and I bought my house because it had parquet floors like Boston Garden. The BG I grew up with in the 1980s.
3. What is your favorite animal?
Cat. Preferably tri-colored or orange. Although my current cat (flipper) is gray and quite nice.
4. What are your Facebook and Twitter?
@purlingpaige on twitter. pm me for my FB.
5. What is your favorite time of day?
The crack of dawn. It’s quiet and cool.
6. What was your favorite holiday?
4th of July–just for the slowness of summer, the non-gifty-ness of picnics and fireworks and summer heat. It’s also right after my birthday, and I always can’t help but think all the hullabaloo is for me.
7. What is your favorite physical activity?
Running. I also enjoy skiing, and playing hockey (ice). I like outdoor winter sports.
8. What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink?
A venti non-fat, light foam latte.
9. What is your favorite flower?
Sunflower. It’s tall and sunny, like me.
10. What is your passion?
Teaching. Teaching people to knit. Helping people start a running habit. Educating visitors to my work about what my organization does.
And here are my nominees (reading these peeps make me happy!):