Today was day 3 in this kinda great little town. Yes, I’m a geek, and I actually enjoy traveling to small towns like Paducah just as much as when I travel to great cities like Chicago.
In Paducah, I’ve enjoyed awesome tomato soup at Shandies. And amazing fog coming in over the river. And some of the best cookies ever at Kershners. And a great trip to a yarn store: With Ewe In Mind. And the funderful light show at the local park.
(craptastic photo, I know). Tomorrow is our big event (for work), and then Friday morning it’s back to Nashville and onto Newark. I miss the fam, but it’s been a good trip (so far).
I was counting on getting some running done in Paducah. But for some reason, my left ankle’s been acting up on me. It was twingy a bit on my Sunday long run, and when i stepped on the treadmill at my Paducah hotel, it just ached. I think it’s tendonitis, so I’ve been foam-rolling (I have a travel foam roller), icing, and taping for support.
This has got me a bit down. My hip is sorta stagnant–not improving but not getting worse–and I’ve never been bothered by anything on my left leg. So why now?
Even more disappointing is that it’s 7 weeks out from Surf City, only a few weeks out from Janathon, and Winter Warriors is starting up. grrrr. So I made the mature decision to not run this week while in Paducah. Maybe the healing will hasten?
- Best race experience? Providence Rock ‘n Roll Half Marathon. My third half, and I ran it with confidence and strongly.
- Best run? The 10k I did the weekend after my boot came off my right foot. I needed to prove to myself that I could still run after 8 weeks of inaction. It was also the first race the Mister and Thing 3 came to see.
- Best new piece of gear? Sugoi Versa jacket.
- Best piece of running advice you received? Rest.
- Most inspirational runner? I admire anyone who takes the time out of their day to be active. It may not be running–it may be swimming, or walking, or bodyweight workouts or martial arts or biking, but when I see (or hear about) people diligently pursuing an activity they enjoy, I’m impressed.
- If you could sum up your year in a couple of words, what would they be? physical and emotional strength